Wheat belly is the concept introduced by Dr. William Davis that propagates the elimination of wheat from your diet to lose weight. Dr. William Davis is a cardiologist and has had a number of patients who were overweight and wanted to control their risk of heart disease. In his bestselling book…
What happens to the body when it is has a vitamin B-12 deficiency?
As you get older, your body fails to absorb enough vitamin B12 from your diet. Most women over 40 are most likely deficient. You are even prone to the deficiency if you take certain medications for weight loss, if you have type 2 diabetes, or PCOS which is polycystic ovary syndrome. Whether you have sudden poor vision or you feel tired all the time, you have a reason to suspect the cause may be linked to vitamin B12 deficiency. If you continue to ignore it, you body will show severe signs. This is what happens to your body when it is deficient in vitamin B12:
- You will have to take long naps in the afternoon, even with a full night's rest.
- You feel tired all the time.
- You can’t carry heavy things; even the groceries feel much too heavy!
- You may feel sluggish and want to just lie down after a brief walk.
- The low oxygen levels in your body may cause nerve damage.
- You become more forgetful and it's not dementia or early symptoms of Alzheimer's.
- Feeling dizzy is one of the most common symptoms and it's caused by the lack of oxygen in your body.
- With low oxygen, there is low blood flow so that affects your skin tone and you look paler than normal.
- You lose the sense of taste and you could lose weight from the lack of appetite.
- You may often have mood swings and this can lead to depression.